Historisch : Das Feuerschlagen mit dem Schlageisen

• Seite 4 von 4
03.01.2021 16:56
Se

Another thread with alot of expertise!

When watching one published here above (this one), I found some similarity with the one in my collection I used to believe to be from Asian origin. Any thoughts? European instead?

firesteel1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

It misses part of the brass enhancement on the fornt as well as on the rear:

firesteel2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Also here, I oiled many times the leather, but it remains fragile, so this is the best I can give of a view of the inside:

firesteel3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This other example is clearly a Tibetan, which I also had identified as possibly 19th or early 20th Century, unless proved wrong if you know better?

firesteel5.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
firesteel4.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Rear:
firesteel6.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Inside:

firesteel7.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

And then I have this one. I didn't research it in any depth, so I welcome any comment or identification clue.

firesteel8.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

firesteel9.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.01.2021 09:56

Hi Patrick.

The geograhical origin of the firesteel with pouch that you’ve mentioned was my attempt to classify this piece. There’s absolutely no garanty that i’m right. The reasons for classifying as „continental europe“ have been that the fittings and decorations are made of iron/steel/silver instead of brass or tin and that the leather is way thinner than all my comparable Chuckmucks are which are made of leather from the Yak.

Concerning your last firesteel… In this section of collectibles we have to learn that in very most times a classification will not be successful. If you don’t have the luck that you find a comparable piece in a catalogue of an museum or something in this way a close classification is very difficult. Forms and materials of firesteels appeared in quite similar ways all over the world and also the period of using firesteels is very long.

In case of your firesteel we have some luck because it is described in literature. Your firesteel is typical afghanian and was made in the 19th century. It was used for muzzleloader rifles like the jezail and there’s probably one thing missing. I think there should be a needle to clean the touch hole. But, nevertheless, a wonderfull piece of history. Congrats.

Best regards
Hesse

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.01.2021 10:01
Se

Thanks!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.01.2021 16:57

Hallo in die Runde.

Das nächste Stück welches ich hier zeigen möchte besitzt einen kleinen Hauch von Multifunktion.
Es handelt sich um eine Kombi aus Tinder Box und Match Safe mit den Abmaßen 63x28x11 mm.

Ausgestattet ist an den Außenseiten mit einer Reibfläche und einem Feuerstahl.
Im Kästchen selbst kann man in getrennten Fächern sowohl Streichhölzer als auch Feuerstein und Zunder aufbewahren um so auf verschiedenen Wegen Feuer zu machen.

Das Messingkästchen weist noch Restspuren einer Vernickelung auf, die aufgebrachten Dekorationen sind nachträglich angebracht worden.
Zeitlich dürften wir uns hier in der zweiten Hälfte des 19. Jahrhunderts bewegen.

Viele Grüße
Der Hesse

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

fs_sh_1.jpg

download

imagepreview

fs_sh_2.jpg

download

imagepreview

fs_sh_3.jpg

download

imagepreview

fs_sh_4.jpg

download

imagepreview

fs_sh_5.jpg

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.01.2021 17:43

Hi, Patrick,
please find attached an Article regarding your last shown item.
What Hesse said about it is right.

The article is from January 1997 from the second Issue of the quarterly newsletter from former well known Collectors Club "Spark International".
Good for you, its in german and english.

Remember the days we had almost no internet???? Wasnt all bad...

Dateianhänge
  • the_unmasked_fire_hammer.pdf

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
04.01.2021 17:57
Se

Thanks!

Not a firesteel thus.

I reckon that looking at it from that perspective, I can see the multipurpose tool.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
12.06.2022 00:21

Hallo Leute

Ich zitiere Joe im Auszug, da ist alles gesagt.

Zitat von im Beitrag Historisch : Das Feuerschlagen mit dem Schlageisen

Eigentlich wollte ich immer nur Benzinfeuerzeuge sammeln, aber irgendwann findet man nichts neues oder zumindest leistbares mehr
So habe ich letztens am Markt dieses Teil auf einem der vielen Tische entdeckt und lange hin und her überlegt ob ich es überhaupt kaufen soll
... da der Preis für mich passte ... das Ding gehört schon in eine Feuerzeugsammlung
So bin ich jetzt nun auch im Besitz meines ersten Schlageisens

Gleich zwei! Da konnte ich nicht anders, als MITNEHMEN!!

Gruß Matthias

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

chuckmuck.jpg

download

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!