Düwahl (?) brass smoking set

16.06.2017 05:22
El

Here is an unusual smoker's set I bought at the OTLS show last weekend. It's based is signed and dated November 20, 1933. I was having trouble reading the signature, Vlad has suggested it may be "Düwahl" -- relating to: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_D%C3%BCwahl

The lighter's mechanism operates very similar to a Ronson Touch Tip (patented in 1934 per Le Briquet Automatique, fig Q13). Fuel tank and wick are contained in the striking wand, which is hooked at the end. Using the wand, you must first push down to cock the sparking wheel then pull up quickly to create the spark. The set includes a holder for cigars or cigarettes, snuffer, and push-button ashtray with a drawer for disposal.

Düwahl is the best lead I have for information about this set so far. I would appreciate other help, opinion, ideas, etc.

Hier ist ein ungewöhnliches Raucher-Set, das ich am letzten Wochenende bei der OTLS-Show gekauft habe. Es ist berichtet und datiert 20. November 1933. Ich hatte Schwierigkeiten beim Lesen der Signatur, Vlad hat vorgeschlagen, dass es "Düwahl" sein kann - in Bezug auf: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_D%C3%BCwahl

Der Mechanismus des Feuerzeugs arbeitet sehr ähnlich zu einem Ronson Touch Tip (patentiert 1934 pro Le Briquet Automatique, Abb. Q13). Treibstofftank und Docht sind in dem markanten Zauberstab enthalten, der am Ende eingehakt ist. Mit dem Zauberstab musst du zuerst nach unten drücken, um das Funkenrad zu spannen und dann schnell hochzuziehen, um den Funken zu erzeugen. Das Set enthält einen Halter für Zigarren oder Zigaretten, Snuffer und Druckknopf Aschenbecher mit einer Schublade zur Entsorgung.

Düwahl ist die beste Blei, die ich für Informationen über dieses Set bisher habe. Ich würde schätzen andere helfen, Meinung, Ideen, etc.

Bildanhänge
imagepreview

dsc_2518.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2525.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2528.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2536.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2540.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2543.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2551.jpg

download

imagepreview

dsc_2553.jpg

download

Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!

Antworten

Beitrag melden
17.06.2017 00:11

Sorry Eldon

I cannot realy helb you.
But my opinion is, that these numbers are not
the date of production or edition.
The nice piece looks older and in that time it was
unusual to wright the date with slashes in Germany.
Easier to belive the 11 is the year.
But this is just my personel first idea.

Gruß Matthias

Antworten

Beitrag melden
17.06.2017 19:42

Hi Eldon,

I do not have any other information. But i agree with Matthias. Writing a Date with Slashes is very uncommon in Europe .

Best regards, Dietmar

Antworten

Beitrag melden
19.06.2017 03:23
El

Thank you both.

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!