Krefeld questions... and hopefully the answers

05.05.2017 15:28

Hallo Kollegen und Freunde!

Wie ihr alle wisst, ist die Krefeld-Show nah. Das wird ganz besonders sein ... weil ich da sein werde! Alles gebucht, nur die Tage gezählt Wie ich meinen ersten Besuch habe, habe ich noch Fragen, die ich gerne anfragen möchte.

1. Wie komme ich zum Flughafen Weeze, gibt es irgendwelche Einschränkungen / Vorschriften über die Weinlese-Zigarettenanzünder zum Handgepäck?

2. Was ist mit dem aufgegebenen Gepäck, sind leere Vintage Benzinfeuerzeuge erlaubt?

3. Auch was ist mit der Zoll- / Grenzkontrolle?

4. Ich werde am Donnerstag, 11. Mai, nach Weeze ankommen und dort die Nacht verbringen. Am Freitagmorgen gehe ich nach Krefeld und dachte daran, den Zug von Weeze nach Krefeld zu nehmen. Meine Frage: Gibt es einen besseren Weg von Weeze nach Krefeld / Krefeld nach Weeze zu bekommen und was ist mit dem Ticket?

Vielen Dank im Voraus. Wenn Sie irgendwelche anderen Tipps und Ratschläge haben, würde ich es schätzen. Auch wenn ich noch mehr Fragen habe, werde ich mich gerne fragen

Wir freuen uns auf euch!
Prost,
Vlad

Hello fellow collectors and friends!

As you all know the Krefeld show is close. This one will be very special... because I will be there! Everything booked, just counting the days now As it is my first visit I have some questions I would like to ask.

1. As I am coming to Weeze Airport, are there any restrictions/regulations about having vintage cigarette lighters to the cabin baggage?

2. What about the checked baggage, are empty vintage petrol lighters allowed?

3. Also what about the customs/border control?

4. I will arrive to Weeze late night on Thursday May 11th and will spend the night there. on Friday morning I will go to Krefeld and was thinking about taking the train from Weeze to Krefeld. My question: is there a better way to get from Weeze to Krefeld/Krefeld to Weeze and what about the ticket cost?

Thank you in advance. If you have any other tips and advice I would appreciate it. Also if I have more questions I will feel free to ask

Looking forward to meet you all!
Cheers,
Vlad

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.05.2017 16:21

Hi Vlad,

It is forbidden to take any Lighters or Parts which could be used to "harm" someone with your cabin baggage. So i would also take care about some "accessories" .

Most people do not take any lighters with them by Flight. If they buy in Krefeld, "someone" is going to ship it home by mail (eg. dhl ) . Also for safety reasons in case of lost bags.

looking forward to see u in Krefeld.

Dietmar

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.05.2017 16:33

Hello Dietmar and thank you for fast and kind response.
Therefore I do not see a safe and easy way to bring some lighters to the show I am not really a seller, just wanted to have a couple with me as presents and similar...
Thank you again for the advice and answers. Looking forward to meet you as well!
Cheers,
Vlad

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.05.2017 17:22

Hallo Vlad,

don't hear what Dietmar is saying, you can transport lighters in the plane because last time when I visit him in Vienna I had a wonderful Alluma for him

Joke apart, I also believe that it's forbidden and at the airport security they discovered the Alluma in my hand luggage immediately but I could explain them that it was an antique lighter with no petrol and flint. I had also the patent with me so that it was OK to transport it. I believe that some friend from the UK are doing the same and normally works.
On the way back from Vienna I had also some lighters but I preferred to follow Dietmar suggestion and let them ship back to me via mail.

Some people are also putting them in the checked luggage and I never heard about problem. The most important thing is no petrol no flint and perhaps a paper declaring these as antique lighters perhaps also with a patent.

In any case I would avoid ZIPPOs because are really common and the security will not believe that are antique ligheters . Or you remove everything including the cotton. I remember a friend told me that he did once in flying to the US and without the cotton was OK. When he arrived he put inside a tampon of his wife and the ZIPPO operated again

Regarding how to travel from Weeze to Krefeld I would suggest that you ask Grahame directly. No idea as I leave in the beautiful Munich

Regards
Andrea

Antworten

Beitrag melden
05.05.2017 17:59

Hi Andrea,
Thank you very much for the reply. I still have to think and decide what to do... I have no intention to bring any Zippos and would probably remove all the cotton, flints and wicks.
I remember Munich a little bit because I was there for some time as a kid, I had an uncle who was a diplomat there over 30 years ago... Some beautiful memories and wonderful city indeed... But now is time to see some of beautiful Krefeld
Cheers,
Vlad

Antworten

Beitrag melden
06.05.2017 20:37

Hi Vlad....I have just found out there is no train connection from Weeze to Krefeld only a bus, it takes from just over 2 hours to just over 4 hours depending on the time you travel. Send me your flight details to my email address, maybe there is another option....Grahame

Antworten

Beitrag melden
07.05.2017 01:14

Hello Grahame and thank you for the response!
How is that possible? These links say there is a train every 30 minutes:
https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2...7&rt=1&OK#focus
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Bahnhof-Weeze/Krefeld
Anyway I will email you with the details.
Cheers,
Vlad

Antworten

Beitrag melden
11.05.2017 16:10

Off to the airport now... Thank you everyone!
See you!
Cheers,
Vlad

Ab zum Flughafen jetzt ... Vielen Dank allen!
Wir sehen uns!
Prost,
Vlad

Antworten

Beitrag melden
Bereits Mitglied?
Jetzt anmelden!
Mitglied werden?
Jetzt registrieren!